Sunday, August 3, 2008

The First Fits of my crazyness

OK, so here it is. Official, my first ever blog. Why do I blog, or want to blog? That is easy. I want a way to put it out there that I'm trying. OK, so trying isn't the word I needed, I AM writing. Writing gives me a way to let go of the here and work on the where.
Oh, well that sounds nice huh. As a good friend of mine, Bev. Hale said if you can live with out writing do it and turn around now and RUN, RUN fast and far, But if you can't, then stick it out. She also told me it's a long, hard, bumpy road. (I told her to tell me something I didn't know)
As this is my first blog I will tell you a little about myself. I'm simple, hard, confusing and well all-together crazy. See not difficult at all am I? Well, besides that I'm a mommy of two. That's right I have two people whose every thing in life is because of me (lord help them). I have a daughter who just turned 7, and is going on 16 (why me?), and a son who is 4 almost 5 (and still potty training). On top of my own two I run a in home childcare, in a small town.
Now, you know why I'm crazy. I have anywhere between 7-9 EXTRA kids in my house almost every day. See why I said that writing helps me escape to the where and not worry about the here.
Now that you know that I'm writing, a little about me I'll tell you about my writing. I am embarking on the lovely world of romance writing. That's right guys that yucky stack of books you avoid like the plague! I have always had this dark love for the things that go bump in the night, so well, I'm working on paranormal romances. So what is a "paranormal romance". You know I've watched many authors talk about this topic, and still have no direct awnser. In my humble, unpaid for opinion it's a romance just like any other, except it involves things that we, on earth, call paranormal. This could be anything from physic, vampires, shape-shifters, demons, angels, witches, Fae and the list just keeps going.
My first manuscript is a vampire paranormal romance series. It's not the only thing I'm working on (you know the saying don't put all your eggs in one basket), but it is the only one I have shinned up and ready to start asking people to read. (more on that later)
For now I'm off. I think for a first post I should leave you with questions. Post them, I'll get to them Promise!
Thanks for reading and taking time out for me, I love to hear back!
Paige

No comments: