Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Ok, here it goes

Wow, I didn't get much done yesterday on the writing. But for plot, descriptions and planning I get an A, maybe even an A+! I got some planning done for Emerald (the one who I now only have 13 days left to finish) and did some minor work on the newest idea.

My day's normaly look like this:
6am wake up, start coffee and read for a bit.
6:30 first daycare kid arrives. I have to feed him then put him to bed. He's only 4months old
7:30 second daycare kid arrives and she get's fed and put to bed, agian she's 5 months old
8am Autumn, Zachary and one of the daycare kids (who just got here) eat breakfast
Durring which I finish feeding the baby and laying down.

Some time between 8:30 and 10am I get to boot up the computer, I might even get to sit down at it!
That's when the babies start needing to be fed agian. (it takes 45 min to feed each, so that's 2 hours of time.) I do have it down to a fine art. See the oldest one gets fed first. When she's done she gets her tummy time when I'm feeding the other one. When he is done he get's his tummy time and she goes to diapers/bed time. He only can handle about 20 min, so he gets diaper/bed time too.
At this time I've already started/finished lunch
11:30-12 the kids will eat lunch
When they are finished they all go and laydown. (ages are 3,4,5,7,7) Everyone knows where to go and what to do. Once I read a short story, check on babies I hit the dishes then the computer.
By now it's almost 1pm. I get a Mt.Dew and hit the emails. After which I take the time to read my boards, post, read some blogs and then post one.
At 2 or 3(when lucky) the kids get up the babies get up and it's time to get back to it. Durring the internet time I hope I got some reaserch done, and maybe even some writing(normaly not).
Between 3 and 6 I am feeding babies, changing diapers, playing in the daycare rooms and getting dinner out and started.
By 6:30 all daycare kids are gone, Dinner is cooking and it's time for a little one on one with my OWN kids! I will read a chapter with Autumn, watch a cartoon with Zachary and then yell outside for hubby to come in and eat.
At 8pm it's bath time (durring the summer it's 8:30) then it's good night kiddos!
So around 9pm(9:30 summer) I get to get back to the computer and start writing. I can't do this every day. I need family time too, so I take some time to watch a family movie with the kids, or just me and hubby will.

I get to read when I'm feeding a baby, or when I'm stuck and can't figure out what to do, or if I'm over loaded and need a brake.

So what does this say? I love writing enough to loose sleep, freedom and everything else, but I will not sacrifice my family for it.

No comments: