Friday, January 13, 2012

What are you doing?

Do you ever sit back and wonder what you are doing when you set a goal.  Life happens and I don't know what is going to happen tomorrow, but my goals are long term. 

So what do you do?  You set short term goals to get to the long term one!!!! That's what I do.  I set out to write 500 new words a day, along with edit what I have already done to touch it up.  Now you may be saying 500 words is not alot, right.  Well it is more than one word a day! 
I think of it this way:

**500 words TIMES 365 days a year = 182,500 words written a year. 

Now the normal romance book is between 80,000 and 120,000.  So in my world I aim to have a a book about 100,000.  So with my math I should be able to write a FULL new manuscript that is ready to show off and an 80,000 word rough draft. 

OK, so that does sound like a big, big goal!  I do not think I am going to get this done, but my goal is also to just have one manuscript, polished and ready to submit around!  That's right, I feel that it has to be ready to be submitted for it to count as my goal, not just written. 

See, I've written a manuscript.  I have Sapphire written, yet I will need to polish it.  I wrote Sapphire in under 60days from 0-100,000 words.  I have never had someone read it, I've never worked on it since 2007 when I wrote it!  Yes you see that right I wrote this book 5 years ago and it's been sitting there.

**Any way, what book am I working on?  I've picked up Paranormal Daycare and a manuscript idea that was started with Ash and I.  I feel these are both new ideas and that they could be the ones that can grow into something NEW to the world!

So I am still looking for someone to read my work, someone who will be honest, open and ready to jump in head first....are you them???  If so let me know!

No comments: